Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Explanations and Addenda

An associate recently took me to task regarding my comments about the English and their drinking habits. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly clarify that I am no Anglophobe.1 For instance, I usually prefer England's literary and philosophical traditions to all others. As for my dislike of English beer, well, there's no accounting for taste. I've also mentioned I don't particularly like Kölsch.

There we are. Now everyone I interact with on a regular basis should be angry with me. As it should be.

--------

1It's a real word. The internet told me so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can like whatever kind of beer you like, Gregory. I won't be mad at you!

:-P

Patrice said...

(ahem) as one with some o'malley blood in me, i have to support your dislike of english beer. alcohol is possibly the only actualy triumph the irish have had over the english ...